Music and sound are the best way to communicate ideas, feelings, and atmospheres. There is no better way to tune/immerse into Media Distortions than to play this playlist in the background while occasionally dropping the book/PDF and dance to make you ponder/process (listening) it. I might consider to include an interpretive dance of the book at one point, since I’m social distancing and everything… Each song/track relates to different sections of the book. You can listen to it chronologically, but also thematically and whatever you like – You make your own mix! Got ideas for a different mix for Media Distortions? Please send me and I’ll include it!
- Depeche Mode – Black Celebration.
- Cabaret Voltair – Sensoria 12.
- Grace Jones – Slave to the Rhythm.
- Nitzer Ebb – Let Your Body.
- Beastie Boys – Make Some Noise.
- Kraftwerk – The Robots.
- Xmal Deutschland – Mondlicht.
- Siouxsie and Banshees – Monitor.
- Gino Soccio – Remember.
- Front 242 – Headhunter.
- Sisters of Mercy – Lucretia My Reflection.
- Miss Kittin & The Hacker – Stock Exchange.
- John Carpenter – Escape From New York.
- Atari Teenage Riot – Revolution.
- Xenomorph – Capitalistic Infiltration.
Other people’s playlists suggestions:
Paul Ceruzzi – National Air and Space Museum: